Progress…

I can’t believe it has been two weeks since my last post. The time has just disappeared in a cloud of paint fumes and dust sheets, and that pretty much sums up my house at present. We have made the last mad push to get the house tarted up for sale. We are now in limbo land, waiting for a new carpet, some new blinds and trying to paint the last bits of woodwork to finish off. Thanks to all of you for your ideas on my last post about brightening up the laundry wall. I was inspired by the idea of framing some fabric, but decided to use paper instead. On my lunch break at work I nipped into hot dollar and found some nice wrapping paper and three cheap picture frames, and framed the paper in each one to create a trio of artwork. I scrubbed off the stickers on the washing machine and dryer so it all looks tidier in there now.

laundry with trio of artwork on wall

With all this rain lately there has even been some progress in the veggie patch, and we saw our first head of broccoli appear on one of the plants. Such excitement! (sorry about the blurry photo).

broccoli bud

The lonely lettuce is doing well too. I was tempted to harvest it tonight for dinner, but the kids wanted it to grow a bit bigger.

IMG_4193

My littlest one and I planted some butterfly flower seeds back in april. These have given us a wonderful display so far with more to come. They were sown from a pack of fothergills seeds for kids to grow a flower garden to attract the butterflies. Of course I was not thinking this through, having just created a veggie patch. Needless to say we have been plagued by a few caterpillars from the white cabbage butterfly.

flowers

Flowers looking a bit bedraggled from all the rain

I bought some Jamie Oliver greenhouse kits from woollies the other day as they are selling them off now at 2 bucks each. Bargain! The kids are growing cress, chives, coriander and basil, all the sends came with the kit, so very good value. My basil in the garden died, so I am hoping for a good crop from these seeds.

cress and seedlings

Sadly my knitting needles and crochet hook have been replaced with paint brushes and rollers these past two weeks, so nothing has been done there. I did buy this little stash of fabric offcuts the other week which I am hoping to use to make some owls, or some babushka dolls.

fabric samples

All this renovating has left me pretty exhausted I must say. I am in need of some R&R so my plan is to do a little bit of crochet, something small and not too taxing.

Bye for now!

T x

Advertisements